Sunday, August 24, 2014

Post-Interlude: More Board Games

Today, more board games were played!  It was a shorter day today, though, because we all have to work tomorrow.

Sentinels: This game went on for a long time because we did not have a way to dispose of our enemy's permanent effects on the field.  If we had, I expect we'd've won.  The game itself seemed perfectly reasonable; just some bad choices in character selection.

Race for the Galaxy: I'd been meaning to try this one for a while, and I was not disappointed.  Had a number of novelty commerce developments going and gave a decent account of myself, but was hindered by failure to utilize the x2 score option for Consume.  Oh well, learned, will probably play again.

Coup: I listened to the rules and went "This does not sound like a game I would enjoy."  I am not a great liar / do not enjoy lying like this.  Instead went and played...

Hanabi: Which was billed as "the opposite of a lying game."  I had heard about this one before, and was interested by the concept.  The implementation delivered a very pleasant cooperative game of deduction and limited information.  We played two games to completion with decent scores, and called one game in the middle when we discarded both twos or threes (I forget) of one color for information tokens.

So that was my weekend...  and I do not regret a moment of it (except maybe the moments spent on Diamonds).

No comments:

Post a Comment