- Dwarven Muleskinner class for ACKS - explorer meets venturer by way of Dwarf Fortress
- ACKS scripts - I wrote python scripts for automating annoying parts of ACKS (like settlement demand modifier generation) last month. I should clean them up and put them in a repo somewhere for public consumption.
- Traveller ships - the Traveller game that has been on sickleave recently has humans at TL10, which is insufficient for Jump 2. I've taken it upon myself to build a Jump 1 ship or two beyond Yachts and Fat Traders. Unfortunately, I'm bad at deckplans.
- ACKS Wilderlands - putting domains on the map and nobles in the domains
- Midnight - I was re-reading parts of Midnight the other day and realized that while it would be really cool to run with ACKS, it would also be very difficult, because a whole bunch of assumptions about economics are invalid in Midnight (and magic is kind of different too). Particularly troubling is providing PCs with a market and
replacementshenchmen, and the complete unavailability of high-power divine magic (ie, RL&L) looks liable to spike mortality. Sooo... I dunno. On the other hand, once Domains at War is out, ACKS would be really sweet for running a guerrilla campaign against the Shadow on the borders of the elven territories; Fantasy F*ckin' Vietnam meets Empire Strikes Back, Lord of the Rings, and Indiana Jones (when the PCs go hunting for power nexuses).
- Custom treasure tables
- Stargrunt / Dirtside / Full Thrust - not really a creative project, but I want to play more GZG stuff. I guess I could build Vassal plugins... ?
Monday, March 11, 2013
No News is... No News
Well, midterms happened, and now it's spring break. No gaming for the last two weeks due to illness on various peoples' parts, and nobody's here this week, so not looking good for the immediate future either. Lack of posting has been due to lack of energy, not lack of ideas. Things kind of on the docket for when I get around to them: